Dubai boasts one of the world’s finest road networks, making it a top destination for drivers. To maintain order and safety on these impressive roads, Dubai has put in place a set of traffic rules that everyone must follow. If anyone breaks these rules, they can face serious consequences, such as hefty fines or even something called black points.
Are you a driver in Dubai? Do you know about the black points system? If you don’t, it’s essential to understand how it works and how to manage it. The system is a necessary factor in keeping roads safe in Dubai, and knowing how it works is essential. This blog post will discuss how to check and remove black points on your license.
What are Black Points, and Why Should You Care?
Black Points are penalties issued to drivers in Dubai for traffic violations. Each violation is assigned several traffic fines depending on its severity. These points are recorded on your driving license and can accumulate over time.
Why Should You Care?
- Getting too many points can lead to extreme consequences, such as:
- license suspension
- It can also increase insurance premiums and difficulties when renewing your vehicle registration.
How Black Points are Issued in Dubai
In Dubai, drivers are issued black points as penalties for traffic violations. These violations can range from minor offenses like parking in a prohibited area to more serious ones like speeding or reckless driving. Depending on the severity, each infraction receives a certain amount of points.
These points are then recorded on the driver’s license. It’s important to note that points can accumulate over time if multiple violations occur. By understanding these violations, drivers can take the necessary steps to avoid them and maintain a clean driving record.
Consequences of Accumulating Black Points
Accumulating black points on your driving license in Dubai can have serious consequences.
- These penalties can lead to license suspension or even cancellation, making it illegal for you to drive.
- Additionally, too many points can increase insurance premiums and difficulties when renewing your vehicle registration.
- These consequences impact your ability to drive, finances, and convenience.
- When the accumulated points reach 24, the RTA suspends your driving license for a certain time duration. The length of time depends on how many times you have accrued 24 points on your Dubai driver’s license.
- First time: Three-month license suspension
- Second time: Six-month license suspension
- Third time: One-year license suspension; you must retake the driving test and receive driving lessons from an accredited driving school in Dubai.
How to Check Black Points on License
- You can easily do it online through the Dubai Police website or the Dubai Police smart app.
- Login using your Emirates ID and follow the instructions to access your driving record. Once you have access, you can view the number of points accumulated and the details of the traffic violations that led to them.
- It’s essential to regularly check your black or dark points to stay informed and take appropriate actions to manage them. Please don’t wait until it’s too late; stay on top of your driving record and ensure a safer and smoother driving experience in Dubai.
How to Remove Black Points from License
If you find yourself with black points on your driving license in Dubai, don’t worry; there are ways to remove them.
- The first step is to attend a defensive driving course approved by the Dubai Police.
- By completing this course, you can have up to eight points removed from your license.
- Additionally, you can wait for the points to expire, as they have a validity period of one year.
- If you feel that you were unfairly handed black or dark points, you can also appeal to them.
- However, it’s important to note that you must not accumulate any additional points while waiting for them to expire. Managing and removing points from your license is essential to maintaining a clean driving record and ensuring a safer driving experience in Dubai.
Click here for more information: Top Tips How to Remove Black Points from License in Dubai
Some Common Traffic Violations and Their Corresponding Black-Point Values
- Speeding: 4 to 12 points, depending on the degree of over-speeding.
- Running a red light: 8 points.
- Using a mobile phone while driving: 4 points.
- Reckless driving: 23 points.
- Exceeding the maximum speed limit by more than 60 km/h: 23 points.
How to Get a 35% Discount on Traffic Fines to Reduce Black Points?
This is official news published by the Khaleej Times! How to Get a 35% Discount on Traffic Fines to Reduce Black Points?
According to the UAE’s Ministry of Interior (MoI), including the Abu Dhabi Police, if you want to save money and reduce your black or dark points, here’s an excellent tip for you! In Dubai, the Traffic Fines Settlement initiative allows drivers to get a 35% discount on their traffic fines and have points removed. If drivers pay their traffic fines within two months (60 days) of the incident, they receive a 35% reduction, and if they wait a year, they receive a 25% discount.
According to the authorities, fines may be paid in installments through banks with a 12-month 0% interest term. However, significant offenses are exempt from this reduction. To take advantage of this, pay your fines within the designated timeframe and visit the Dubai Police website or app to request the removal of traffic fines. It’s a fantastic opportunity to save money while maintaining a clean driving record. Don’t miss this chance to reduce your fines and points!
Tips for Avoiding Black Points in the Future
There are a few essential tips to keep in mind to avoid accumulating traffic fines on your driving license in Dubai.
- First and foremost, always obey traffic laws and regulations, including speed limits and traffic signals.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and practice defensive driving techniques to prevent accidents and violations.
- Stay up-to-date with traffic rules and regulations changes by regularly checking the Dubai Police website or app.
- Finally, prioritize road safety and consider enrolling in defensive driving courses to enhance your skills and knowledge.
By following these tips, you can maintain a clean driving record and avoid the hassle of dealing with traffic fines in the future.
Note: If you are a foreigner and worried about black points on your license translation, don’t be concerned; look no further than Sim-Trans. Sim-Trans provides certified legal translation services at an affordable price.