A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) must obtain a residency visas, open a bank account, or work in the UAE. The UAE PCC objective is to demonstrate that the applicant has excellent moral character and is not engaged in any antisocial or criminal activity.
In this blog post, we learn Why You Need a PCC in Dubai and How to Get it in the United Arab Emirates. Continue reading to learn more.
What is a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is an official document issued by the Dubai Police that verifies a person’s criminal record, or lack thereof, in the United Arab Emirates. It proves that an individual has not been involved in any illegal activities during their stay in the country. The PCC is a crucial requirement for various purposes, such as:
- Obtaining a Residency Visa
- Opening a Bank Account
- Securing Employment in Dubai
Why Do You Need a PCC in Dubai?
If you’re wondering why you need a PCC in Dubai, let us explain! The PCC is not just a piece of paper; it holds great significance in various aspects of life in Dubai.
- Firstly, it is a requirement for obtaining a residency visa, allowing you to live in the city.
- Secondly, it is necessary to open a bank account, enabling you to manage your finances.
- Lastly, it is crucial for securing employment in Dubai, as it ensures your credibility and trustworthiness to potential employers.
So, if you plan to move to Dubai, ensure you get your PCC!
Who Needs to Obtain a PCC in Dubai?
The PCC is essential for anyone looking to live, work, or open a bank account in Dubai. But who exactly needs to obtain a PCC? Well, the answer is simple – anyone who falls into any of these categories:
If you are a foreign national planning to reside in Dubai, whether for work or personal reasons, you must obtain a PCC. This includes individuals applying for residency visas and those already living in Dubai but needing to renew their passports.
2. Job Seekers:
If you are looking to secure employment in Dubai, most employers will require you to provide a PCC as part of their background check process. This ensures your credibility and trustworthiness to potential employers, giving them peace of mind when hiring you.
If you are a student planning to study in Dubai, you may be required to provide a PCC as part of your visa application process. This ensures the safety and security of the educational institution and the community.
4. Business Owners:
If you plan to start a business in Dubai, you must obtain a PCC as part of the company formation process. This is to ensure the credibility and trustworthiness of the business owner.
It is a necessary document to ensure the safety and security of the community and comply with the UAE’s legal requirements.
Read also for more information: Police Clearance Certificate Dubai, UAE.
How to Apply for a PCC in Dubai?
Applying for a PCC in Dubai is straightforward.
- First, you must visit the Dubai Police website or the Ministry of Interior’s (MOI) official website and download the application form. Similar to that, you may apply for it using the MOI app, which is available for iOS and Android users. Make sure you accurately enter all the necessary information when filling out the form.
- Next, gather all the necessary supporting documents, such as:
- Your Passport
- Emirates Id
- Once everything is ready, you can submit your application online Dubai Police website or in person at the Dubai Police Headquarters. Pay the applicable fee and wait for the processing of your application.
Required Documents for PCC Application in Dubai
To apply for a PCC in Dubai, you must gather some essential documents.
- White-background passport-sized photo
- Your passport
- A statement that you have no active criminal convictions
- Emirates ID
Processing Time and Fees for PCC Application
The processing time and fees for obtaining a PCC can vary depending on various factors, including the applicant’s nationality and the purpose of the certificate.
Generally, the processing time for a PCC application in Dubai is around 2 or 3 working days. However, it is essential to note that this timeframe is subject to change and may vary in some instances.
As for the fees, the cost of obtaining a PCC in Dubai can differ based on the applicant’s nationality and the application method. The Dubai Police has detailed many categories for PCC costs. To further comprehend the costs, below is a breakdown.
- UAE Nationals: AED 100
- UAE Residents: AED 200
- Foreign-country applications: AED 300
- Knowledge fee: AED 10
- Innovation fee: AED 10
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR FEE
- Arabic Certificate: 50 AED
- English Certificate: 150 AED
The certificate of UAE police clearance expires after three months.
Where to Collect PCC in Dubai
In Dubai, the service is accessible via the Dubai Police smart app, which is available on iTunes and Google Play, or via the Dubai Police website. Through the offices of the Dubai Police, you may obtain it offline. The following records are necessary: a functioning Emirates ID card. Remember to bring your identification documents and other required paperwork to ensure a smooth and efficient collection process.
What to Do If Your PCC Application is Rejected?
If your PCC application in Dubai is rejected, don’t panic.
- Firstly, carefully review the rejection notice to understand the reason for the rejection. It could be due to missing documents, incorrect information, or other issues.
- Once you identify the problem, rectify it promptly and resubmit your application. If you are unsure about the reason for rejection, contact the relevant authorities for clarification.
- They will guide you on the necessary steps to address the issue and ensure a successful PCC application. Stay proactive, stay persistent, and you’ll soon have your PCC.