UAE Golden Visa provides long-term residency and allows individuals and their families to live, work, and study in the UAE without needing a local sponsor. A Golden Visa is an excellent opportunity for foreign nationals to enjoy the luxurious lifestyle and business opportunities that the United Arab Emirates has to offer.
This exclusive visa program provides a pathway to long-term residency, presenting many opportunities for individuals and their families. Are you curious about the UAE Golden Visa and what it could mean for you and your family?
In this blog post, we’ll discuss what a Golden Visa of UAE is, how to apply for it, and some of the benefits it can offer.
What is a UAE Golden Visa?
A Golden Visa is a prestigious residency program offered by the United Arab Emirates to foreign nationals. It provides long-term residency and allows individuals and their families to live, work, and study in the UAE without needing a local sponsor. The visa is granted for 5 or 10 years and can be renewed indefinitely.
With a UAE Golden Visa, you can experience the luxurious lifestyle and numerous business opportunities the UAE offers. Introduced in 2019, this program is a testament to the UAE’s commitment to fostering economic diversification, innovation, and talent.
While traditional visas are typically linked to employment, the Visa offers a more flexible approach by allowing qualifying individuals to reside in the UAE without needing a specific job offer. It’s a gateway to new possibilities and a chance to build a brighter future for you and your family.
Eligibility for UAE Golden Visa
To be eligible for a Golden Visa, specific criteria need to be met. Firstly, you must fit into one of the following groups:
- Public Investors
- Real Estate Investors
- Talented Professionals or Outstanding Students
1. Investors in Public Investment:
If you contribute to an investment fund and complete the following criteria, you may be granted a visa for 10 years without a sponsor:
- The delivery of a document from a UAE-accredited investment fund attesting to the investor’s deposit of AED 2,000,000
- A memorandum of association approving that the investor’s capital is not less than AED 2,000,000 and the recommendation of an active commercial or industrial license
- Submission of a letter from the (Federal Tax Authority) FAT attesting that the investor pays the government no less than AED 250,000 (two hundred and fifty thousand) per year.
- Additionally, you must show documentation of your medical insurance, fully own the deposited money, and not be taking out a loan to do so.
2. Investors in Real Estate
Suppose you possess a property or a collection of properties. In that case, you may be given a visa without a sponsor for a term of five years that is renewable under the same circumstances.
- Providing a document from the relevant emirate’s land department confirming ownership of at least one property valued at 2 million dirhams or more
- Purchasing a property with a loan from a specific local bank approved by the appropriate regional organization.
Entrepreneurs need to have a business worth AED 500,000 or have the approval of an accredited business incubator in the UAE.
4. Talented Professionals
Talented professionals should have valid employment contracts and possess exceptional skills in science, medicine, arts, or sports.
5. Outstanding Students
Outstanding students must have a minimum GPA of 3.8 in their high school or university studies.
In addition to meeting the category requirements, other factors will be considered during the application process. These include having a valid passport for at least six months, having no criminal record, and demonstrating good conduct.
Overall, the eligibility criteria for a UAE Golden Visa are designed to attract individuals who can contribute to the growth and development of the country. If you meet the requirements, this golden opportunity awaits you and your family.
Read Also: SIRA Training Fees in Dubai: Requirements and Qualifications. We have a complete article on it.
Read Also: GITEX GLOBAL: World Largest Tech Show in 2023 in Dubai. We have a complete article on it.
Types of Golden Visas, UAE
The Visa program offers several types of visas, each catering to different categories of individuals. These visas include:
1. Visa for Investors:
This visa is designed for individuals who make a substantial investment in the UAE. With a minimum investment of AED 2 million in a property, business, or investment fund, investors and their families can enjoy long-term residency in the UAE.
2. Visa for Entrepreneurs:
This visa is for individuals who establish a business in the UAE. To qualify, entrepreneurs need to have a company worth AED 500,000 or have the approval of an accredited business incubator in the UAE.
3. Visa for Talented Professionals:
This visa is aimed at highly skilled professionals in science, medicine, arts, or sports. To be eligible, talented professionals must have a valid employment contract and possess exceptional skills in their respective fields.
4. Visa for Outstanding Students:
This visa is for exceptional students with a minimum GPA of 3.8 in their high school or university studies. It allows them to continue their education and build a promising future in the UAE.
Holders of a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in engineering, technology, biological sciences, or the natural sciences from one of the top institutions in the world are eligible for this visa. They ought to be supported by the Emirates Scientists Council.
6. Skilled Workers:
Applicants must be employed legally in the UAE and have a level one or two vocation as determined by the Ministry of Human Resources Emiratisation. The required minimum monthly wage has been decreased from Dh50,000 to Dh30,000. Additionally, the employee needs a bachelor’s degree.
Benefits of a Golden Visa, UAE
The Golden Visa of UAE offers many benefits for individuals and their families.
- First and foremost, it provides long-term residency in the United Arab Emirates, allowing you to live, work, and study without needing a local sponsor. This means you can fully immerse yourself in the luxurious lifestyle and rich cultural experiences the UAE offers.
- Additionally, a Dubai Visa opens up numerous business opportunities. As an investor, entrepreneur, or talented professional, you can tap into the thriving economy and explore the potential for growth and success. Whether you’re looking to start a business, invest in properties, or work in prestigious fields such as science, medicine, arts, or sports, the UAE provides a supportive environment for your ambitions.
- Golden Visa allows your family to join you in the UAE, offering them the chance to enjoy the world-class education and healthcare systems, as well as the safety and security that the country provides. It’s a chance to create a bright future for you and your loved ones.
- With the Golden Visa, you’ll have access to exclusive privileges and perks, such as easy travel, visa-free entry to other countries, and the ability to sponsor your parents or adult children. It’s a wonderful chance that has the power to completely change your life.
Application Process for Golden Visa of UAE
1. Application Via ICA
Anyone interested in applying for the visa may use the ICP Smart Services platform to submit an online application. Candidates must submit the relevant paperwork and be prepared to relocate to the UAE to pursue their business endeavors, which is a straightforward procedure.
2. Application Via GDRFA
Follow the instructions below to apply for a visa through the GDRFA website if you are eligible:
- Visit the Website of the GDRFA Dubai
- Choose the Visa service you want
- Completing the visa application
- Enclosing the necessary papers, and paying the required fees
- To submit the visa application
In addition, qualified candidates may use the GDRFA Dubai Smart Application to apply for a Golden Visa by following the instructions below:
- Install the GDRFA-Dubai app on your iOS or Android device
- Candidates who still need to create one must create a new user account
- Choose the necessary service
- Enclose the required papers, pay the required fees
- To submit the visa application
Please be aware that qualified applicants may also use the AMER Centre to apply for the UAE’s Golden Visa.
Read Also: Dubai Visa Rejection Reasons. We have a complete article on it.
3. Some Most Important Steps:
- The first step is to gather all the necessary documents, including a valid passport with at least six months of validity, proof of a clean criminal record, and evidence of good conduct. You’ll also need to provide documentation specific to your chosen category, such as proof of investment, business registration, or employment contracts.
- Any discrepancies or incomplete information could lead to delays or even rejection of your application.
- After submitting your application, you must pay the required fees, which vary depending on the type of visa you are applying for. Once your application is processed, you will receive a response from the relevant authorities. If approved, you will be issued a UAE Golden Visa, granting you and your family long-term residency in the UAE.